The three blogs I looked at were written by Andrew Robinson, Kyle Buffington, and Madison Daubert. I saw both similarities and differences in each blog. Here is what I though of each blog.
Andrew’s blog was set up a lot like mine. He had the same format and the lengths of his posts are similar. We also present our arguments in a similar way. He is advocating against steroids in sports. Our topics are somewhat similar in that both are very controversial topics right now. Both have entered governmental circles. Both are discussed nearly daily in the news in one way or another. Both are major problems that people turn there back on and conveniently forget about and both problems are running rampant right now with little to stop them. I think steroids are a problem that will probably be a little bit easier to stop but both problems need to be looked at reevaluated and then acted upon.
The look of Kyle’s blog is quite a bit different than mine. The format is very different and the background and text are both different. Kyle is advocating against obesity. Kyle’s arguments are very similar to mine; especially the one looking at something that is opposed to our topic. His is about a website set up by a woman who thinks that obesity does not equal unhealthiness. He is very passionately opposing her opinion as I did against the news article that opposed my argument. Obesity is another issue that I think is having a large detrimental affect on American society as a whole, just like illegal immigration. The major difference between illegal immigration and obesity is that obesity is a personal problem. Obesity is a problem for a lot of people in America but it is still a personal problem. Comparatively, illegal immigration is a national problem. It affects the international relation between America and Mexico but both topics are huge problems in America right now.
Madison’s blog is about juveniles being charged in adult court. The format of her blog is very different from mine. Her posts are also usually shorter than mine. Our topics really are not that similar either. Both have to do with people breaking the law and facing the consequences. Madison however is arguing that children shouldn’t be charged as adults while I think immigrants should be prosecuted for their crimes to the fullest extent of the law. While I think her topic is very important, I don’t think it is having as detrimental an affect on America as illegal immigration is. Madison does argue very strongly for her advocacy project just as I do though.
This is how my blog compares with three blogs from my classmates. Hopefully mine compares favorably.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment